OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
oneshot

Jet Touring Boat

Was watching the News where they are talking about bringing in a Large Jet Touring Boat.

From what I seen NO WAY! There is no way this can be safe one the Lake.

oneshot

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

just heard this on the radio. Says its a special made boat that will run 35 with very little wake. 

Ha, that's funny.  A boat that holds up to 50 people is going to make a small tsunami.  That's an interesting sales pitch though.

Go over onto the 1Branson.com forum on the subject and listen to the guy from High Ridge that fishes Taney out of his inboard jet boat.  He's trying his best to convince all and sundry that this enormous craft won't generate a big wake because "it's flat bottomed (he thinks) and is jet driven".   Yeah,...... right !!!  Sure it won't ! 

If that thing ever drops off plane up in the shallow country seems like there would be a lot of folks with wet feet when they wade to shore.  Wonder how long it takes a boat with 50 people to get onto plane?

I gave my opinion early on. here, in the paper and on that other forum.  Now I'm going to be quiet simply because there's a lot of unanswered questions and all the chatter now is speculation and social drama.

You guys bring up good points but they're common sense to us that know what boats do.

The operators of this boat MIGHT go up lake ONCE and then never do it again.  Way to narrow and 10 times the traffic.  The people would get treated to a slow tour of the lake.

Going down, they'd see MUCH less traffic and wider water.  Why they (owners) don't come out and state they only will go down and squash all the speculation I have no idea.

13 hours ago, skeeter said:

Go over onto the 1Branson.com forum on the subject and listen to the guy from High Ridge that fishes Taney out of his inboard jet boat.  He's trying his best to convince all and sundry that this enormous craft won't generate a big wake because "it's flat bottomed (he thinks) and is jet driven".   Yeah,...... right !!!  Sure it won't ! 

LOL!!!!