Fishing Report CC 3-21-17

Hammer time

Put in at 10 after storms went through. Fishing was fantastic! Water temps 52.8-57.1 where I fished. Fished up to mouth of Turn Back and down just a little past Shaw bluff.

Stayed on channel or very close all day. Caught em on crawdad color cb's, Texas rigged green pumpkin red finesse worm, bladed jig and jig. Fish were feeding, ended up with 37 and 11 keepers, mostly in 6-20fow. Was the type day that they just slammed the bait and tried taking your rod out of your hands!

CPR and tight lines!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Awesome report, Hammer.  We all dream about those days when they are hitting like that.  Those are the times that keep us coming back after the days when the bites is tough.  I am glad to hear they would hit a bladed jig, one of my favorite baits to fish.  Just so you know reading your report will make my week seems even longer. :angry:  I can't wait until the weekend.  Weekend warrior here.  Thanks for the report and keep hammering them. 

WE fished same day Put in at Mutton creek. First cast hooked a 21"walleye then a white bass followed quickly.rest of the day we  caught LM total 30 but only a couple keepers nothing over 16". we made it about hallf way fo greenfield launch.did you launch at greenfield? Any problem putting in there?

The answer may not lie at the bottom of a glass, but you should always check

2 hours ago, curtisce said:

WE fished same day Put in at Mutton creek. First cast hooked a 21"walleye then a white bass followed quickly.rest of the day we  caught LM total 30 but only a couple keepers nothing over 16". we made it about hallf way fo greenfield launch.did you launch at greenfield? Any problem putting in there?

They have added on to the ramp and refurbished the courtesy dock and paved a new walkway down to dock. So it's fine to put in there. CC or Greenfield ramp both the same, I've always called it CC.

8 hours ago, straw hat said:

It is my understanding that they only widened the ramp and did not extend it. Does anyone know if that is the truth?

Not sure Straw, they maybe widened it a foot tops, but my trailer doesn't fall off ramp launching and loading so I figured that they added some. I may be wrong.

Thanks hammer.  I have a pontoon boat with an extra long trailer (bummer) and have went off the end of the ramp twice when the water was 5' down. A hassle to say the least. Thanks again.

Thanks hammer.  I have a pontoon boat with an extra long trailer (bummer) and have went off the end of the ramp twice when the water was 5' down. A hassle to say the least. Thanks again.

I completely understand, you could put in at Mutton and motor up the river, it's not that far and a pleasant ride. Zarraspook and I made that run yesterday and seen a huge group of those big white Pelicans. They are huge beautiful birds. Just be careful, with the lake down so much it can be tricky if you're not familiar with the channel.