Went to St Louis on Tuesday. Got Mugged.

jdmidwest

Yep.

Nothing left but the big decision.  Marinade in toxic chemicals and take a front row seat to a dose of radiation equal to an atomic blast or risk a 30 percent chance of it popping back up and dealing with it then in the lungs or bone.  Next few weeks are going to be tough decisions.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Yes JD Big decisions for sure. When the Mrs. was faced with the same ones you have we were so blessed to have a good team taking care of her. The best Surgeon, oncologist, and radiation oncologist. We asked each one if they were faced with the same diagnosis what would they do? We choose that course of action and never looked back. Even at her low points she did not regret it one bit. Eleven years has passed and we still see her surgeon and oncologist. I can only relate in a caregivers place but Pat can relate just what you are feeling,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

• 1 month later...

Week 2 of radiation treatment in St. Louis, all seems well. Neck is feeling like a sunburn, it has its own little glow about it.

Dose 6 nailed my beer taster glands and salt sense. Other taste buds are still there.  

I am still able to do normal activity, just have to protect the neck. According to the docs, this should be the last normal week, pain should start coming along with treatment damage. 

Enjoying the city life. New people every day looking for a home.   

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Appreciate the update JD,

Still thinking positive thoughts from BilletHeadVille. Mrs. BilletHead was offered a special burn cream during radiation. She did not need it as she had younger skin that took the burns pretty well twelve years ago. This being said there were older ladies going through the same treatment she visited with daily with that burned and blistered pretty bad. Ask for the stuff if you need it.

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

On 3/30/2017 at 1:20 PM, jdmidwest said:

Yep.

Nothing left but the big decision.  Marinade in toxic chemicals and take a front row seat to a dose of radiation equal to an atomic blast or risk a 30 percent chance of it popping back up and dealing with it then in the lungs or bone.  Next few weeks are going to be tough decisions.

God Bless you with your decisions JD

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Good luck JD,  take  no prisoners.    D.C. 

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

I have the cream and have started using it this week.  Feels and looks like a mild sunburn.

Thanks for the support.  Looking at others around me, I still realize how lucky I am to only have the problems I suffer.  Others have it so much worse.

Hunter S. Thompson

i know what you are going through. I made the decision for chemo and radiation when the squamous cell cancer returned . going thru the the 3rd round of chemo in about 2 weeks and may be followed by a fourth round . radiation and likely more chemo to follow .

I also decided to go this route as we caught it early and aggressive treatment is my best bet to beat this stuff altogether . I don't want to do this again . The petscan showed the cancer was confined to the area on the left side of my neck where they had previously taken all the lymph nodes as a precaution . 

We are both going to beat this . 

what a long strange trip it's been , put a dip in your hip, a glide in your stride and come on to the mother ship , the learning never ends

Amen Norm!

BilletHead's

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

i know what you are going through. I made the decision for chemo and radiation when the squamous cell cancer returned . going thru the the 3rd round of chemo in about 2 weeks and may be followed by a fourth round . radiation and likely more chemo to follow .

I also decided to go this route as we caught it early and aggressive treatment is my best bet to beat this stuff altogether . I don't want to do this again . The petscan showed the cancer was confined to the area on the left side of my neck where they had previously taken all the lymph nodes as a precaution . 

We got your back Norm! You and JD got a cheering section!!

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor