Faith Renewed

ollie

Not a religious thread, but that of a great find in human beings.  Tonight I decided to fish a trib of Elk and ran into some locals.  I guess I rolled up 10 minutes too late to watch a cat fight! This is a popular spot for a lot people and a lot of them like to party.  Apparently a couple of chicks got into and from what I learned they were just a wee bit wasted.  As in 7 sheets in the wind along with some meth mixed in.  Dang the luck for me!  lol  After talking with these young men I found out a lot about them.  Local kids not even out of high school.  Although after talking with a couple of them I found out they had a great sense of commitment to the land and resources around them.  They admit they are rednecks and "county" as they put it.  They are tired of the people who come there just to party and trash the place.  They were tired of the spray painting along the bluffs.  They were tired of things like the cat fight that took place earlier.  They took it like it was, but were ashamed of what had been going on for quite sometime down there.  They were actually embarrassed that I had to see crap like the trash and spray paint.  They seemed like they really wanted to make a difference.  Hopefully they do.  Needless to say this old man was impressed with what I heard.  Hopefully they weren't blowing smoke up me, but I truly don't want to think so.  It was just refreshing to hear that sort of thing from HS students.  Oh yea, the fishing sucked because the water was up and moving fast.  I couldn't really get across the stream and wade like I wanted to.

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!