Federal Park Pass

Saw this on another site so thought I'd pass it on.  These are available to people 62 and over.  They used to be called Golden Eagle Pass.  They are worth their weight in gold.  I used mine in numerous National parks around the country over the years and it will get you in either free or for a substantial discount .  I now find it's all I need to launch my boat at Corps lakes.  Here's the quote from the other site:

1. The Federal lifetime pass for senior citizens will increase from $10.00 to $80 before the end of 2017. I don’t think a date has been set yet. You can use this pass to launch boats at the Corp ramps. If you’re 62 and boat at Mark Twain get this before it increases. They sell them at the Visitor Center. It’s good for a lot of other things also, like getting into National Parks.

My wife is under 62 and I'm over.  Theoretically, I should be able to buy the lifetime pass, but we've never gotten a good answer on whether Mary can use it if I'm not with her.  Given that we go to Yellowstone Park several times a year (and she goes sometimes when I'm NOT with her), and several other parks most years, it would be a terrific deal for us.  But we've continued to buy the annual passes.  And actually, I don't mind doing so, because I can afford it and the money does actually go to upkeep of the various federal recreational facilities.  I feel a lot better, really, that the price is going up, because it will still be a heck of a deal but will mean more money for the parks.  I'd say the retired people who buy the lifetime pass probably tend to use the parks MORE per person that those who have to buy the annual passes, or one-time passes.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Al Agnew said:

My wife is under 62 and I'm over.  Theoretically, I should be able to buy the lifetime pass, but we've never gotten a good answer on whether Mary can use it if I'm not with her.  Given that we go to Yellowstone Park several times a year (and she goes sometimes when I'm NOT with her), and several other parks most years, it would be a terrific deal for us.  But we've continued to buy the annual passes.  And actually, I don't mind doing so, because I can afford it and the money does actually go to upkeep of the various federal recreational facilities.  I feel a lot better, really, that the price is going up, because it will still be a heck of a deal but will mean more money for the parks.  I'd say the retired people who buy the lifetime pass probably tend to use the parks MORE per person that those who have to buy the annual passes, or one-time passes.

This is the exact reason I buy at least two federal waterfowl stamps annually.  It's been awhile since the price was raised on those and $25 doesn't go near as far as it did 10 years ago.

"Floaters make it hard to fish but sometimes they improve the scenery..."

Al,

When we purchased ours from the Buffalo River Office I asked the question, and no the pass is only good for the person who has signed the back.

That's why Sandy bought her on, although she is over 62 as I am.  We each have a card.  Now its good for a carload as well, so if grands, or anyone is with you the discounts apply as to camping, and other amenities...

Dan

Glass Has Class

"from the laid back lane in the Arkansas Ozarks"