OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Haris122

Camping at Mark Twain?

Me and some friends were thinking of heading up there in a few weeks for a 2 day trip. Most of the cabin places seem sold out, so we were wondering if it was legal just to bring a tent and sleep at a designated camp site there. And if so, where these designated camp sites are? Also wondered if it was legal to just nap in the boat while on the lake, and maybe do some "passive" fishing for cats and such,(i.e. having rods out while trying to catch some sleep), while the truck is parked near the ramp overnight, or if that would get us a ticket.

There are several good CORPS campgrounds, there.  One at Ray Behrens and another at Indian Creek.  Indian Creek is less crowded and is worth the drive.  Before we all have GPS I would get a campsite.  Unpack the truck.  Walk down to the water and tie orange tape to a tree.  Then launch the boat and look for the orange tape and keep the boat there, overnight.

There are numerous camping sites near the state park at Buzzard Roost..  Also lots of camping at the Corps camping grounds near Ray Behrens put-in.