Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Softwormz

Accessible Boat Ramp

Recommended Posts

Nice day for sure. Lots of color up there. 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chi0082 said:

Nobody is being overly dramatic over this flood. It only closed down half of southern Missouri roads and left many people stranded in their homes killing some in the process. Most of you have fished TR and have boated long enough to know what to look for and how to be safe while on the water. To make a broad assumption that everyone else does too is very ignorant. 

The context here is fishing. No one discounted the impact of road closings, let alone property damage, injuries or lost lives.

By all means, anyone who isn't comfortable boating in these conditions should stay home. But the sky isn't falling and the lake isn't by any means unsafe for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Champ188 said:

The context here is fishing. No one discounted the impact of road closings, let alone property damage, injuries or lost lives.

By all means, anyone who isn't comfortable boating in these conditions should stay home. But the sky isn't falling and the lake isn't by any means unsafe for everyone.

By saying the lake is not unsafe by any means to boat on is in itself discounting the high probability of property damage, injuries, and lost lives with water this high.

Anyways, I've had a good laugh at this thread. It only goes to show how dumb some people can be.

How dumb you say? Well, while y'all were busy being all "diehard" trying to find fish to catch on this flooded pond, we've been killing the walleyes up north, crappies out west and smallmouths down south. Walleyes are in postspawn mode and are feeding heavy on the flats. Smallmouths are killing the buzzbaits down south in the early mornings. And crappie are spawning all over out west. But I ain't no diehard. I just fish between work and family time. Maybe some of y'all just need to get out a little and try something new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2017 at 9:05 AM, Champ188 said:

Well said, brother. Fortunately, our fragile lives will ever be guarded by a few generous souls up North who are more than willing to offer their "expert" opinions. :D (Macsimus and others excluded, of course)

Lol. Here for ya bud.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy were the pleasure boaters out in force yesterday in that dangerous high watered lake. Took a few waves that woke me up from my nap when i was fishing, because if i was catching, i wouldnt have been sleeping.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Boy were the pleasure boaters out in force yesterday in that dangerous high watered lake. Took a few waves that woke me up from my nap when i was fishing, because if i was catching, i wouldnt have been sleeping.  

Somehow the ski and wake boats run willy nilly. It's like they have Star Wars shields or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've fished in the big high water years except 2015. Just wasn't down for that one.

Was down in 2008 when they had to open the gates, and again later. Didn't tear anything up but the fish, my hands, and maybe a TM prop.

2011 was the year I met Ned, picked up the little rig, and sat in the room watching rain and lightning pound us to the record high. The day they cancelled the Elite, I watched Ish pack up and leave Schooner while I fished. Again, with a little caution, I managed to catch fish without problems, other than logistical.

This week...same deal. This one really reminds me of 2011. Was there for both. Both started low and jumped after big rain systems moved through slowly. 2008 was a much different rise.

Fish when you feel safe doing so. Listen to your spider sense. Feel around a bit before you try to run, if you run at all, and take what the lake will give you.

2007, which was a normal year, and 2008, which was certainly not, were the years that taught me how many fish I had been running past. Fixed that. :D

Wish I was there now. But someone has to pour all these little heads, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Champ188 said:

The context here is fishing. No one discounted the impact of road closings, let alone property damage, injuries or lost lives.

By all means, anyone who isn't comfortable boating in these conditions should stay home. But the sky isn't falling and the lake isn't by any means unsafe for everyone.

 

1 minute ago, dtrs5kprs said:

I've fished in the big high water years except 2015. Just wasn't down for that one.

Was down in 2008 when they had to open the gates, and again later. Didn't tear anything up but the fish, my hands, and maybe a TM prop.

2011 was the year I met Ned, picked up the little rig, and sat in the room watching rain and lightning pound us to the record high. The day they cancelled the Elite, I watched Ish pack up and leave Schooner while I fished. Again, with a little caution, I managed to catch fish without problems, other than logistical.

This week...same deal. This one really reminds me of 2011. Was there for both. Both started low and jumped after big rain systems moved through slowly. 2008 was a much different rise.

Fish when you feel safe doing so. Listen to your spider sense. Feel around a bit before you try to run, if you run at all, and take what the lake will give you.

2007, which was a normal year, and 2008, which was certainly not, were the years that taught me how many fish I had been running past. Fixed that. :D

Wish I was there now. But someone has to pour all these little heads, I guess.

Good stuff that. We've yet to venture past the mouth of Indian Creek but from State Park to there and a couple of areas in between we've yet to see a floater. 

Now, by that I don't mean the coast is clear by any means cause I'm sure they're out there. It's just way more navigable than I anticipated. 

That being said, we'll probably burn a record low amount of gas this week. 

Gonna try and "Dave 'em" to death!

In the meantime, happy lead meltin'!  

Somebody has to keep the rest of us armed with sufficient weaponry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vernon said:

 

Good stuff that. We've yet to venture past the mouth of Indian Creek but from State Park to there and a couple of areas in between we've yet to see a floater. 

Now, by that I don't mean the coast is clear by any means cause I'm sure they're out there. It's just way more navigable than I anticipated. 

That being said, we'll probably burn a record low amount of gas this week. 

Gonna try and "Dave 'em" to death!

In the meantime, happy lead meltin'!  

Somebody has to keep the rest of us armed with sufficient weaponry!

Oh, there were plenty of big old trees floating around, even around Kim City. No doubt the rivers are worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fish, don't fish, high water, low water, weekend, holiday, winter whatever.  Know what you are getting into, and make your choice.  Just be careful regardless of what the conditions are, people get killed or drown in the best of conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.