What's going on up there

marcus

• 2 weeks later...

Got a hockey tournament this weekend but I'll be fishing solo June 4-5  on the North part around Indian creek ....anyone else gonna be fishing there that weekend 

On 5/23/2017 at 9:49 PM, WeekendWarrior said:

I will be there the following weekend fishing a small derby, first time fishing there in about 10 years. Hear it is fishing better these days.

Ill post a report It seems like one is over due for twain

I fished (practically lived on it) MT during its early years and it was fabulous.  I moved to Georgia for 4 years and when I returned it was immediately obvious that something had went bad wrong. Even though I was a better fisherman with a better boat I couldn't even come close to the success we enjoyed before. Eventually I just gave up on it, and a few years later moved to Lake O and haven't been back but 2 times for reassuring butt kickings.  

So what is it taking these days to win a derby there ?    Back in the day you were getting a check with 14, and would undoubtedly win with 17+.  I don't ever recall anyone showing up to the scales with 20#.

3 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

I fished (practically lived on it) MT during its early years and it was fabulous.  I moved to Georgia for 4 years and when I returned it was immediately obvious that something had went bad wrong. Even though I was a better fisherman with a better boat I couldn't even come close to the success we enjoyed before. Eventually I just gave up on it, and a few years later moved to Lake O and haven't been back but 2 times for reassuring butt kickings.  

So what is it taking these days to win a derby there ?    Back in the day you were getting a check with 14, and would undoubtedly win with 17+.  I don't ever recall anyone showing up to the scales with 20#.

Mark Twain was the thing back in the day.  Had many memorable days up there and nights, wrench.  We won a bass world night event there with 24lbs.  6 fish though.  It still takes 16+ to win most tournaments up there until August.  Then 16 might win the 2 day Bud Light in September.  One of my best fishing days ever was at Twain, probably in mid 90's.  A misty, early June day.  Mid week.  Had gotten a tip it was time.  Took a couple of days off work. Fished in Pigeon and Ely creeks.  Post spawn.  You could call your shots on any tree with a fork in it.  Zara Spook or a white sluggo.  Didn't count numbers, but it didn't matter at the time.  It was just one of those days.

A guy I know who fishes tourneys regularly there and does well says it is fishing better, he had a 6.82 lber a couple weeks ago. I have had a few good days there in the 90s. It was usually feast or famine.