Gravois

Jbrant

It was beginning to clear up considerably in the backends....but then Truman started dumping and it pushed the dirty water back quite a ways.  

It has been my observation that whenever the lake is "backfilling" from heavy releases at Truman that the bite gets really tough.  The fish in the other creek arms don't seem to like that for some reason.  

This is the time when running up the Osage is a good choice.  

Truman is over 20 feet high.  They should be releasing water for a few weeks how is that going to effect the bite?  Will the bass adjust to the muddier water?  Will they go more shallow?   Any thoughts? 

The  water clariety does not bother them that much. I guess they adjust a bit but you got to adjust a lot more. Last week it was very good for both  crappoe and bass. At that time you could not see below the surface. I caught several on plastic worms and on jigs. matter of fact you could catch them on top waters and wacky worms. They were shallow. Then in one day the whole bottom fell out. Things had not improved by day before yesterday when I left for Herman. I would think though you just need to get out there and work them till you establish some sort of pattern. 

Keep in mond were on the verge of Thunderstorms moving in.

if your in the right place at the right time water color will not matter muck. Inpicked up a 5.42 LMB off a neighbors dock about late pink up tine this evening. First 5 for this year. They might bee getting into the spawn. This one had a pretty bloody tail. 

Fished most of the day Saturday.  Didn't get on the water as early as we wanted but still found a really good spook bite in the shade on the main lake.  After we lost the shade started flipping behind docks and caught quite a few in the shade of the walkways and dock corners.  Didn't seem to matter - brush hogs, jigs, beaver.  Caught a few on a spinnerbait too.  Also caught a few on some log/trash mats.  

Fishing was really good... caught over 30, at least 12 keepers.  Lots of 15-17", 2+ pound fish... just nothing big.  Caught a couple of 3+.  Lot of fun though... could catch them about anywhere on about anything you wanted to throw.  

Water had 2-3' of visibility in a few areas.  Water temps were around 72.