Crawfish in Beaver Lake

Andrew McChristian

• Members

In beaver lake? What part of the lake and what time of year? How deep do you set the traps?

You might as well ask for their fishing spot too lol. I highly doubt you'll get an answer to this question, but I would suggest trapping in creeks.

• Members

You might as well ask for their fishing spot too lol. I highly doubt you'll get an answer to this question, but I would suggest trapping in creeks.

Beaver lake is huge. Most people aren't going to be defensive about saying "I catch crawfish on the south end of the lake" or something like that. That's all I'm asking for. But to each their own - some are more willing to help others and that's their own decision. I appreciate any info anybody is willing to share. I do trap creeks. 

I know some guys in beaver throw a yellowish tube that resembles beer color. 

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

I have dived on Beaver a few times. LOL. Anyhow in a month or so the crawfish will be anywhere there is rocks. 5" to 50'

We like catching them at bottom then swimming up ten feet of so above my buddies and watching Smallies come out of nowhere to nail the craws. The lateral lines and eye sight are amazing. Visibility at 15-20ft, and the bass show up so fast when there was nothing around.

In beaver lake? What part of the lake and what time of year? How deep do you set the traps?

Never fished or trapped Beaver.  I've used bacon for crawfish traps for years.  Well I used to, don't do it anymore.  Works everywhere else not sure why it wouldn't work there.  I'd spread em out shallow to deep and take note of the catch rate.  Good luck and post up your catch and pictures.

• Members

I have dived on Beaver a few times. LOL. Anyhow in a month or so the crawfish will be anywhere there is rocks. 5" to 50'

We like catching them at bottom then swimming up ten feet of so above my buddies and watching Smallies come out of nowhere to nail the craws. The lateral lines and eye sight are amazing. Visibility at 15-20ft, and the bass show up so fast when there was nothing around.

Thankyou friend!