Fishing is hot!

Bryan1717

• Members

This is a a report for my last couple of trips.

Been hitting the creek as much as possible these last few weeks. Went last Friday before the rain came. The lower section has changed very significantly. Lots of debris and logs have been flushed downstream, along with a few new downed trees and new gravel shelves. Didn't expect to catch a thing, but was pleasantly surprised with one of my best days on Crane.I euronymphed with various jig flies. They were all sz 12 and all had orange or purple hotspots. I stuck with 4x all day and ended up with 21.

Later that day I went back. This time to a private stretch on some land that belongs to a family friend. Fished for about an hour and caught 5, making the total 26 for the day. 

Went back down this morning to the lower section. Water is still high but has cleared up really well. Was even able to sight fish to so couple of nice fish. The sun was out and made fishing tough,  but I still managed 18 (I had to work for them). If the fly wasnt on the bottom, they weren't going to eat it. Again, fished 12-14 jig nymphs. 

Overall, it's been great fishing when the creek isn't blown. Even starting to see some fish taking terrestrials. If anyone wants to fish, I'll be at the creek every weekend from now till November.