Japanese Beetles are back!

MOPanfisher

While out spraying some thorns etc. this evening I saw several japanese beetles on some serecia lespedeza stems.  Checked the orchard and didn't see any there yet.  Not sure how to feel about the beetles rating the serecia, I have a major dislike for both.  Hope they eat the serecia and then choke on the last bite.

Yep we have had a little hatch too. Just seen them one place on some hollyhocks so far. This year I will spray some of the ornamentals and flowers. So sad because not recommended for my thorn less blackberries. It is looking for a bumper crop for the berries. 

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Beetle emergence is beginning to get out of hand!

Been picking them off the crepe myrtle and feeding them to fish in the garden pond. Fish go crazy when I throw in a handful.. Besides the myrtle they are swarming on the wisteria.. So I bought some seven spray and gave the plants a quick spray. Then it began to rain beetles! So happy to see them crash and burn :) . Of course there were innocent bystander insects in the dying. Here is some of the carnage,

DSC_0001.JPG

I did read where I can spray my blackberries. You use twice the mix and can harvest after seven days. The crop is still a long ways out for the harvest. I know you wash the berries before consuming? After seven days does the spray become inert? Last year we got berries but the beetles really did a job on the plants. All the dead beetles were gone this morning. I am sure the armadillos found them. I am like MoPanfisher I hate these beetles and armadillos. I hope they choke and die eating the dead bugs or die from consuming the seven :) ,

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

18 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

I did read where I can spray my blackberries. You use twice the mix and can harvest after seven days.

Seems a bit scary to me. I know it's being done to all things we buy but we are still unsure why cancer is on the rise. But profits are good so it must be fine. 

1 hour ago, Flysmallie said:

Seems a bit scary to me. I know it's being done to all things we buy but we are still unsure why cancer is on the rise. But profits are good so it must be fine. 

I know Ronnie what you are saying. My garden is not true organic. The only other thing I use is some seven dust on the tomatoes a couple times each summer for the giant tomato worms. The big tomatoes are easy to wash but the berries ? I bet we would all be scared at what is commercially put on our store bought foods. I cringe at the thought. The stuff imported from countries that have very little rules or none at all. This is one reason I eat wild all I can and do my grocery shopping in the woods and fields. More control what I put in my body. Even this being said the animals I consume eat on the  farmers crops throughout BilletHeadVille. 

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

The Japanese beetles have not been very numerous around my house the last few years, I have no idea why, they were really bad for a while.  Maybe it's a cyclical thing, but if you guys are getting them, I'm sure I will be seeing them soon.

2 minutes ago, Quillback said:

The Japanese beetles have not been very numerous around my house the last few years, I have no idea why, they were really bad for a while.  Maybe it's a cyclical thing, but if you guys are getting them, I'm sure I will be seeing them soon.

I hope you don't and maybe it will not happen!

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

12 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I hate those things.  I have a big beautiful fire red crepe myrtle and they are all of the thing.   

Double hater :) !     HA !   Don't you wish you had an iguana to eat them there beetles ?

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead