Bass Chasers

Bill Babler

Heartland was here again this past weekend for it's prestiegious Elite Series.

This is basicly a winner take all tournament with a $25,000 first prize.

Havn't been to their website, but was at the weigh-in. Freaking!!!Unbelieveable the size of the fish and the bags that were weighed in. Hundreds of pounds of fish and 5 fish limits of 15 to 20 pounds were everywhere.

Local boys, not so much, as the fish had moved so far so fast, I believe it hurt our local guides. Don't take me wrong, they still had huge limits, but I don't believe we had any top 10's.

SK from Shell Knob, reported he also fished a bit on Saturday, and did fantastic on topwater action.

Sunday was a new day for their teem event and it dosen't take long for Billie Boy to learn where they went as Bill Beck and his partner Rick Lysic won the event, with over 20 lbs. Water temps dropped 3 degrees over night and put these fish back where they were on Thursday.

All the local guides fishing the derby's were full last week because of spring break and just had not had time to prefish and keep up with these rapaidlly moving and shaking bass.

Guiding is not prefishing, it is having your customer catch fish that are available to them.

They don't like that 6 bites in 8 hr. stuff, even if they are the right bites.