OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

Was at a friend's house last night, he was out in his yard pcking some chanterelles.  Sautéed them in some butter and served as snacks.  While i am still not overly found of them (I think it's the texture) they weren't bad.  Rain and warm should make the boletes in my yard pop too.

I mentioned to my betterhalf that if there was rain tbat the chanterelles might pop early this year. So hopefully she and the kids can find them while I am still in Maryland. Would love to come home to some fresh ones.

32 minutes ago, MOPanfisher said:

Was at a friend's house last night, he was out in his yard pcking some chanterelles.  Sautéed them in some butter and served as snacks.  While i am still not overly found of them (I think it's the texture) they weren't bad.  Rain and warm should make the boletes in my yard pop too.

Well this is good to hear! Time to start looking here in BlletHeadVille,

BilletHead

I have seen a few small dried up ones but they usually start popping about now so I guess ill go check the spots.  Thanks for the reminder!

Nice haul!

Still have not come out in full force here. i did get enough to saute in butter and S&P. Just feasted on them and salt-teen crackers. May make a quick look today again. Picked our first two straightneck squash. Would like to saute it and some chants. 

BilletHead