Mice patterns on the niangua

delopez

Ive seen them stock there.   No idea whether more or less than anyone else.  That said, it is a great place to drift a fly.  And iv'e gotten into many fish that had clearly been there a while.   When (God forbid) you clean a trout and the flesh is pink, you know it's been there for a year or so.

I wish I had more time more than I wish I had more money.

Ya reckon?  

What would a white meat rainbow from NFOW indicate?   Or a pink meat bow from zone 2 at Bennett ?

I've seen both, so while I've heard the pink meat thing before I'm not sure it is a real thing.  

53 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Ya reckon?  

What would a white meat rainbow from NFOW indicate?   Or a pink meat bow from zone 2 at Bennett ?

I've seen both, so while I've heard the pink meat thing before I'm not sure it is a real thing.  

The pinkish color comes from a pigment called astaxanthin which is in crustaceans. The trout eat these freshwater crustaceans and insects and that's how you get that color of the meat, stockers take time to eat enough before they "color up".....

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

Mayflies and Caddis?

The niangua trout eat tons of snails and crawfish.  That plus the 15-17 inch size made me think they have been there a while.  No proof though.

I wish I had more time more than I wish I had more money.

• 1 month later...