OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
delopez

Mice patterns on the niangua

I've had great luck with many patterns on the niangua... But, I wanted to see if anyone was tossing any mice patterns this time of year for trout/small mouth on the fly and if you had any success with them? Of course, this time of year... I may have a better chance hooking a drunken rafter... 

2 hours ago, delopez said:

Not sure if you mean, from "drunken rafters," or trout/smallmouth? I guess if the mouse pattern isn't working well, I could always switch to casting cans of beer? :P

Just don't get any water in your mouth this time of the year because it may lead to intoxication.

BilletHead

My wife and her gaggle of hens are camped out down there for their annual "girls only camp".   I ran down to check on them and did some fishing between MV and BS, and there wasn't any mouse eaters to be found, nor any Sneaky Pete or streamer eaters either.  I caught a bunch of dinks by dropping a Mudbug pattern carefully into the dark little chutes and eddys and dead drifting with a few twitches thrown in.  That's the only way I could get bit. 

I never touched a fish over 12" in 2 days of trying.

Well the tents got up ok and they were doing fine gathering firewood until one of them thought they saw a snake. And ya know those bags of ice and water jugs are kinda heavy, picnic tables are never where they want them, and getting the lantern strung up over a branch is definitely a man's job, as is installing a clothesline.    

Whatever it takes to get your Mudbug wet, I always say. 😉

hahaha! I didn't land anything on the mice either. I was at NRO (no comment needed... it was ridiculous). I fished the ripple on both sides just below the launch area. I pulled trout out on almost every swing. 23 fish on Saturday and 15 fish, Sunday morning. It was a pretty good time. A couple of 3ish pounds (my best guess) as well. All buggers... As soon as one color stopped working, I switched colors and the bite was back on. Black, Olive, and tan.