Table Rock Baits at LOZ

Bushbeater

Since the Table Rock guys post so much info on the forums, we have tried some of their tricks here at LOZ. Last season we started with Ned Rigs with some success, it's especially good for kids and fishers with limited experience. My grandsons have had great fun with it, catching bass up to 4 lbs. on their spinning gear. This years interesting bait for us is the Kaitec Fat Impact on an underspin jig. Works great on deep fish off points and seems to catch all species. The whites and Hybrids really go for it, and yesterday I hooked what felt like a huge catfish although it pulled off after a lengthy battle. Anyone else using these here?

I've thrown the Ned with success, but it's usually when I can't get bit on anything else. I just enjoy throwing other baits more but you can't deny the Ned Rigs success. The times I have thrown it, I've caught Bass, Walleye, Catfish, Drum and Gar with it.

I threw the underspin/swimbait combo once last year for a very short amount of time and I definitely want to throw it more. Just haven't had the chance yet.

The same baits work well on LOZ but color variations are not the same due to water clarity.  I have caught several LM over 5 on the Ned and at times it is tough to outfish.  The underspin is my least productive as well but I spend more time fishing for walleye and hybrids than bass and likely have not given it a fair trial.  I think LOZ bass eat more gizzard shad and they don't make underpins with blades big enough to suit me.

Mike

I fished 3.8 underspin at Bull Shoals mid lake area Memorial Day weekend and caught a bunch of mixed bag on the flooded flat main lake points along with the 2.8 on a ball head. not sure if it relates to LOZ but it definitely get's bit!

I'll let you in on a little secret. I don't know if this is as good on TR as it is on LO but a Gene Larew Long John Minnow on a slightly lighter than 1/8oz. modified jighead/8#line is probably the LO equivalent of a Ned rig on Table Rock.   

The way to make it slightly lighter is to squeeze a 1/8 head in a vise to make it asprin shaped, then snip the bottom of the head off flat with a pair of side cutters and flatten the bottom with a file. The thing glides around, flutters like crazy on a semi-slack line. Throw it just about anywhere and bass of all sizes usually gobble it up like there's no tomorrow.   

I'll let you figure the color part out yourself.... cuz that part might just be my imagination.  

Making a slider head out of it, right?

57 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Kinda sorta I guess. 

An actual slider head might even be better.

I have owned many and used them frequently in the 70's and 80's. Then I took up power fishing in muddy Oklahoma lakes and ponds. Now days I am back to finesse, fishing Jika rigs and Neds.

http://www.sliderfishing.com/HEADS-HOOKS_c7.htm