Abu Garcia Vendetta Casting Rods?

26 minutes ago, Old plug said:

when I buy a 7 ft rod Inwant to get as much length into the rod itself as I can. rods sold as 7 ft are for the most part only about 6 1/2 ft above the reel seat. These things with the split handle will be even shorter above above thag. .I just think a rod shoud be sold by the length above the reel seat.  I do not like the way the back part of the dual handle bumps mys arm when trying to cast it. 

I was surprised when my first 7' rod seemed barely any longer than my older 6.5' rods. It seemed like most of the extra inches were in the split grip handle. I agree that rods should be sized by the length above the reel seat, to at least give both measurements. 

I don't dislike the split grips, but I am totally fine with my full cork handles. 

I just wanted to know if the Vendetta rods broke easily. 

My GPS is recalculatimg and giving me that "spiraling circle" icon because I think my thread turned off the wrong freeway exit.  Lol!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

5 minutes ago, J-Doc said:

I just wanted to know if the Vendetta rods broke easily. 

My GPS is recalculatimg and giving me that "spiraling circle" icon because I think my thread turned off the wrong freeway exit.  Lol!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, sorry.    Yes, I guarantee that I can break one with very little effort at all. 😜

1 hour ago, Flysmallie said:

The ones I use don't :P

Mine either, because mine are all old school stuff.   There are alot of good rods out there that I could be perfectly happy with if they offered a choice in grip/handle designs.  

Since that's the part that you hold onto you'd think that rod builders would offer handle and reel seat options built on the same blank.  They'll give you a choice of 7' or 7'3" but no choice on the part that you are actually making contact with.  

Past 3 years I just could not fish wth a heavy rod. I bought a couple Berky cherrywod and cannot be happier. They go out just about every evening for 1 to 3 hours from early spring till late fall. They are very senitive. well made and generally suit me fine. I am not a bit sure people are getting anything more than I am out of my $25 dollar Cherrywoods. As far as feel goes I believe 90% of the that comes from your own tackle set up and your ability. I know I am going to see post now about my rods have no strength. but I remember seeing numerous post on here oof people complaining about how there precious expensive rods broke. I have a friend that owns a Tackle Shop where I hang out. . I see these broken rods coming in and the greatest majority of them are from abuse. I think it is more about keeping up appearances than need.

Every message board that I participate in has that going for it, even the allegedly serious "tech forums".   Somebody inquires about some perplexing issue with an outboard....and the next thing ya know we are discussing the last argument we had with our wives and what plans we have for next Easter.   

Pretty sure it's clinical ADD, but whatever, we just accept and embrace it. All gets worked out in the end.

3 hours ago, Old plug said:

Past 3 years I just could not fish wth a heavy rod. I bought a couple Berky cherrywod and cannot be happier. They go out just about every evening for 1 to 3 hours from early spring till late fall. They are very senitive. well made and generally suit me fine. I am not a bit sure people are getting anything more than I am out of my $25 dollar Cherrywoods. As far as feel goes I believe 90% of the that comes from your own tackle set up and your ability. I know I am going to see post now about my rods have no strength. but I remember seeing numerous post on here oof people complaining about how there precious expensive rods broke. I have a friend that owns a Tackle Shop where I hang out. . I see these broken rods coming in and the greatest majority of them are from abuse. I think it is more about keeping up appearances than need.

I have some Cherry Wood rods and they are a pretty darn good bang for the buck.

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor