OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Peaslee

Kiefer Creek in Castlewood Park

Has anyone here fished this stream?  I am going to give it a go this evening, and wouldn't mind a heads up as to what I will be getting into.  I thought the small stream leading into the Meramec might hold treasures!  Thanks for any info. Will report back.

Never much water in that creek whenever I've been to Castlewood.  There's a pool under the bridge in the park that usually has some small sunfish in it but the majority of the creek usually has a trickle in it when I've ridden my mountain bike along it.

The creek was pretty dirty. Lots of trash...  Water clarity was VERY low and water levels were pretty low too.  I couldn't tell if there were many pools deeper than ~3' due to clarity, but I had no luck passed a sunfish or two.  I fished the pond in the park and caught a handful of largemouth around the 10" range, so not a total wash of an afternoon.  I don't plan on returning to fish when I could go 20 minutes to the North and be on the Big Creek.