OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CD7

Trolling motor repair near shell knob

My Minn Kota maxxum is intermittently working, we're on vacation down by shell knob and was looking for recommendations to have it looked at Monday if I could. When I push the button to go, it won't work sometimes. I can hear it click and it will turn, but will not rotate the prop. Seems like if I pull the motor up and the lower unit gets bumped it will work again. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

The nearest that I know of is Marine Repair on N. National in Springfield.  Their phone # is 833-9191.

I have used them and they repaired my unit as quickly as they could (Unfortunately, they had to order a part - I broke the unbreakble fiberglass shaft of a MinnKota.}

If they have the part they will fix it while you wait if you tell them you are on vacation - they do a great job - you can bring just the motor or the boat - suggest you call first - Urich in Branson West may be able to fix it quickly as well.

Thanks fellas, it worked all morning so who knows! I have used Marine repair center before, I live close to Springfield, just hoping there was something in shell knob. Thanks again!

9 hours ago, Dutch said:

The nearest that I know of is Marine Repair on N. National in Springfield.  Their phone # is 833-9191.

You may want to pull your prop off and see if full of fishing line  I had that same problem and had a bunch wrapped around causing intermittent tightening.  

16 hours ago, glennL said:

You may want to pull your prop off and see if full of fishing line  I had that same problem and had a bunch wrapped around causing intermittent tightening.  

Yep.  The motor torque might tear it loose or break it and it will run fine until it wads up again and gums up the operation.

Sometimes will blow a fuse if it's that bad though.