Grandglaize Creek Float?

TroutRinger

55 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Yes.  It's about 1/2 mile or so above swinging bridge before you start getting into decent smallie water. 

There is a bridge on C that crosses Deanne cr.  and it's a bit of a hike/drag down to where it meets the 'glaize. I did that once and had a blast.  

Awesome. I'm down here for a conference Wednesday through Friday afternoon. Think I might try wading a couple spots on Wed and Thurs then paddle up from Swinging bridge on Friday since I get done at noon and will have more time if anyone wants to join. 

"Of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy."

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."

I went as far up past swinging bridge as I could go in a jet boat 3 years ago. You hit skinny water very quick....like too narrow to turn your boat around skinny. 

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

• 2 weeks later...

I used to travel to Jefferson City, several years ago. I fished most of the streams in about a 70 mile radius. I always wanted to try the Grandglaize. Never made it. I'm pretty sure you'll do a combination of floating/wading. Good luck.  If you do it, please give us a report on it. I'll be waiting to read it.

wader

On 8/8/2017 at 8:41 PM, creek wader said:

I used to travel to Jefferson City, several years ago. I fished most of the streams in about a 70 mile radius. I always wanted to try the Grandglaize. Never made it. I'm pretty sure you'll do a combination of floating/wading. Good luck.  If you do it, please give us a report on it. I'll be waiting to read it.

I paddle up 0.8 miles from Swinging Bridge last Friday. Caught several small largemouth bass plus some nice drum and sunfish. Saw a kid catch an 18" LMB. Wasn't much current yet but the water was clean and it's a pretty area. I checked the access at HWY C on Deanne creek.

Shoulder parking is very limited. You'd almost need someone to drop you off for that to be viable.

I also waded at Toronto Springs for about an hour on Wednesday. Caught five smallies. One was actually about 12", which is promising considering I did not go far from the access. The area was basically skinny riffles followed by long pools. Tough to wade. Tough for a kayak but you easily walk one through. This was before we got any rain so I don't imagine it gets much lower. The creek picks up several springs and creeks starting at a mile so I think it is promising.

I've talked my friend and her husband into trying to float from Toronto Springs in early Sept.

I will throw it out there again. If anyone wants to give it a go, I'll be available the last two weekends in August. Shoot me a PM. I could be wrong but think this place is a hidden gem. 

"Of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy."

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."

It has been awhile since I made my way down Deane cr. but now that I think about it I turned off of C for just a short little jog to a spot just above the C bridge.  Finding a place to park wasn't a problem.  Dragging the canoe back up Deanne cr. was.....a drag, so I've never done it a second time although I really did have a blast and caught alot of nice Smallies.

I never really had a desire to float the upper stretch (from TS to Dry branch) because it's so far between good holes, and it looks like it stays that way until you get below Deane, which I think is 6-7 miles (too far to walk and drag).  

From Deane down to the swinging bridge wouldn't be too bad, and I think that encompasses the best stretch of water.  Depending on my workload and my ambition when the time comes I may be interested in joining you.  Late August is a great time to play in smaller creeks.