Grandglaize Creek Float?

TroutRinger

Has anyone ever floated or fished the Grandglaize from Toronto Access to LOZ? What was it like? 

Anybody want to try it with me? I think the self-shuttle would be easy. I just don't want to float a somewhat uncharted stream for the first time solo. 

"Of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy."

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."

7 hours ago, mzrealfish said:

If you're going to be a bear be a grizzly.

but all the same I'd float with anyone any day. 

MZ

You live or make it down to the lake often?

Pretty skinny, but there are some real nice pools.  I've actually never floated down it.  On small creeks I prefer to work my way upstream, then float back down when I'm done.  I just always catch more fish that way (sneaking up from behind).  

You can Google Earth the bigger pools and plan your float/hike accordingly but there are a bunch of dandy little holding areas smaller than your kitchen in between the obvious pools and honestly they hold better fish than the bigger pools.  If you float through them first you pretty much kill your chances of catching the fish that are in them.

2 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Pretty skinny, but there are some real nice pools.  I've actually never floated down it.  On small creeks I prefer to work my way upstream, then float back down when I'm done.  I just always catch more fish that way (sneaking up from behind).  

You can Google Earth the bigger pools and plan your float/hike accordingly but there are a bunch of dandy little holding areas smaller than your kitchen in between the obvious pools and honestly they hold better fish than the bigger pools.  If you float through them first you pretty much kill your chances of catching the fish that are in them.

I have had that thought too  

Do you paddle up from Swinging Bridge/Brumley? I tried looking on Google Maps and did not see any accesses between Toronto and there other than a road off Glaize Holler Rd below Deane creek but I think it is private.

Yes.  It's about 1/2 mile or so above swinging bridge before you start getting into decent smallie water. 

There is a bridge on C that crosses Deanne cr.  and it's a bit of a hike/drag down to where it meets the 'glaize. I did that once and had a blast.