OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
m&m

America the Beautiful COE pass

2 hours ago, jim m said:

anyone that lives close enough you can also get them at Wilson Creek National park, a civil war battlefield sw of springfield mo , a word of caution people will steal them out of your vehicle. freind of mine forgot to take his down after fishing and went to walmart and that is the resxt of the story

Jeeps are easy for those......

Correct that the Golden Age passports are no longer issued, however they are still honored, so if you have one you are "golden".  The newer version is the America the Beautiful Senior Passport, must be 62 yrs of age, $10 and is good for lifetime.  Those will go away on August 28, and be replaced with America the Beautiful Senior Annual Pasport for $20 and the America the Beautiful Senior Lifetime Passport for $80.  The supply of the "going away" $10 passes is very limited, when they are gone they are gone.  However I believe the NPS sites and maybe the USGS onine store will issue you a rain check/voucher.  The COE sites do not issue a voucher or rain check, when they are gone they are gone.  I would advise calling ahead to make sure they have them available before making a long drive to purchase one.

2 hours ago, m&m said:

Golden age passports are no longer sold but if you have one it is still being honored according to the website. 

Mike

Yelp that is what I have. Had it since 2002.

big rockpile

1 hour ago, 176champion said:

It said to print off the receipt that they email you when you buy on line and that is your pass until the other one comes in the mail.

Correct!

America the Beautiful pass an excellent thing for me. Being retired I travel all over the midwest to fish. Come in handy. My wife and i travel to the Rockies every year to camp and its a great discount in the national parks. Saves us money. The only drawback for me personally is my local lake here. Smithville lake, even though a corps lake, wont honor it!! You want to fish Smithville lake? 10 dollars for your vehicle and 7 dollars for your boat pass. Yep! 17 bucks to fish Smithville. BS!!!! You can buy an annual pass for about 130 bucks or if you are a senior, like me, you can get one for about 80 bucks. I try and get up extra early and get to the lake around 5:30 am and beat the dude at the guard shack!! Is that bad? 

I turned 62 in May and went to our local COE office in Rogers, AR.  Gave 'em $10 and I'm supposedly set for life.  Champ188 was liking  that he married an older woman.  Guess that makes me a cougar.  lol

5 hours ago, Donna G said:

I turned 62 in May and went to our local COE office in Rogers, AR.  Gave 'em $10 and I'm supposedly set for life.  Champ188 was liking  that he married an older woman.  Guess that makes me a cougar.  lol

No wonder Champ loves you sooooo much! I hear on occasion that you even LET him outfish you.