Stupid otters!

WHARFRAT

2 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

My sons neighborhood in loaded with frogs.  They are tree frogs and the climb up and hide under the siding near the porch and garage lights.  I'll have him send me pictures.  The kids love em.

Yeah my test tank is full of peepers and assorted little frogs.  If they can live in that pool of nastiness then they can live anywhere.  There's enough oil and gear lube in that water that a mosquito can't survive, but those little frogs don't mind it one bit.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, fishinwrench said:

Surely you don't expect to live on a good fishing lake and not have some critters around.  

We've already lost all the frogs, the dragonfly's, and in a few more years the few remaining damselfly's will be gone from Lake O.     It's funny that nobody notices a critter (or the lack of them) unless it causes what they perceive as a "problem".

Ok in places I use to go Frogging now never hear a Frog because Otters have cleaned them out. I know they work the Holes on the Niangua River.

oneshot 

I seen a bull frog last night, first time in recent memory. I never hear them along the rivers anymore. 

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974