Ned Rig Hawg

arsenal1477

In prepping for a trip down to the rock in September, I've been messing around in some creeks recently and wouldn't you know, the big ladies love the rig. Found a sweet little hole, maybe 60foot by 30 foot and not more than 6-8foot deep. Gin clear water, golden hour sun shooting through the trees and as I pitched the rig up under a tree she darted out like she hadn't eaten in weeks. The sight of her was amazing and she fought with every ounce she could. Beautiful scenery, gorgeous weather and perhaps the biggest bass of my life. She was around 21 ounces and right at 6lbs. Released to fight another day.

IMG_4592.JPG

IMG_4594.JPG

This post has been promoted to an article

15 minutes ago, arsenal1477 said:

In prepping for a trip down to the rock in September, I've been messing around in some creeks recently and wouldn't you know, the big ladies love the rig. Found a sweet little hole, maybe 60foot by 30 foot and not more than 6-8foot deep. Gin clear water, golden hour sun shooting through the trees and as I pitched the rig up under a tree she darted out like she hadn't eaten in weeks. The sight of her was amazing and she fought with every ounce she could. Beautiful scenery, gorgeous weather and perhaps the biggest bass of my life. She was around 21 ounces and right at 6lbs. Released to fight another day.

IMG_4592.JPG

IMG_4594.JPG

That's a great fish for a small creek! Congrats! Must have been a fight that you will remember for some time.

It most definitely was one I will never forget. Honestly, it was almost a religious experience. Thank the lord my buddy was there to kind of corral her into the shallows because once she got into about 6inches of water and had leverage on me it was just a matter of time before she broke me off. I was using 4lb Berkeley 100% Fluoro after all. The way it all set up was just about as perfect as it could have been. Picture the aquarium at bass pro, surrounded by trees with a little brook running into it and the patterns of golden sunlight coming down on that bass when she came out of the tree to hit. It was just a sight to behold. Those are the ones you thank for a good fight and wish them the best. Incredible experience.