Eclipse

176champion

It's a great site too see for sure, but im not spending any money to see it..if i see it i see it.......There is going to be a lot of pissed off people if it clouds up and rains tomorrow... i have seen several eclipses they where not total eclipses though..i believe in February 26 1979 i saw it and it was a total eclipse but can't remember if i saw it as a partial or total as i was 15 then.

I know everything about nothing and know nothing about everything!

Bruce Philips

I think many in the media that are hyping the event have never looked up, couldn't tell the difference between a star and a planet much less find a star. If you think its going to be awesome because someone on the television says so you might be disappointed. If you appreciate the subtle beauty of starlit night or a setting Jupiter and autumn moon it will indeed be a wonderful thing. 

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

If you are in the total eclipse path you will have a total black out in that path so i guess that's what everyone is wanting to experience..here around Aurora and Table Rock Lake will probably see a partial where we see the eclipse but dont have the black out and it seems they keep moving the path as they really don't know what the main path will be...

I know everything about nothing and know nothing about everything!

Bruce Philips

I guess I will just have to be content with a 98% eclipse, at least I think hat was what was predicted for my location.  Honestly I don't get why it is such a "big thing", yeah it's cool and all but its just and eclipse.  I guess I am just not very enlightened.

I hope it rains all day, that's how cynical I am.  A nation full of media sheep gathering (in some cases driving hundreds of miles) to stand there and stare at the sun with goggles on, is just weird to me.  It makes me question whether I am the lost one who is incapable of thinking for himself, or if indeed they are.