OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mizzouflyfisher

Report 1/5-1/8

Got down to Taney for Thurs. night through Sunday afternoon with my dad and girlfriend. Anybody who saw the RV pulling a boat, that was me. Overall, the number of fish caught was awesome, but as others have been saying, there are a lot of short fish. Fished a couple of nights with Rapalas (so cool to see fish waking behind a Rapala), but only caught around 10 with nothing of real size. Friday was great on small ostrich scuds and wd-40s. Saturday we put the boat in for a relaxing few hours. Managed close to thirty small rainbows all on the same white jig set about 3 feet under a float. 7x was absolutely crucial. Sunday was awesome as well, despite the hellacious wind (chased my girlfriend back to the RV after a tangle on the first cast). Good thing about the wind is it chased most everybody away, while I was hooking fish on most every cast. Same set up as friday, ostrich scud with a wd-40 trailer. Caught a few more decent fish, including a 26" rainbow. Picture is on film, so I will post a picture as soon as I can. My girlfriend even managed a close to 20" rainbow which is always cool to see. I caught close to 160 trout, and 90 % of them came on the same three flies. All in all a great trip with awesome weather.