OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Bill Babler

True Pioneer and My Friend

I'll do him justice on here and you all will know not only one of the best fishermen I have ever met, but one of the kindest, gentlest men the Good Lord put on this planet. I will miss Bill till my dying breath when I hope to join him

1 hour ago, Bill Babler said:

I'll do him justice on here and you all will know not only one of the best fishermen I have ever met, but one of the kindest, gentlest men the Good Lord put on this planet. I will miss Bill till my dying breath when I hope to join him

It was like being told one of the mountains had fallen. 

I too loved the man. The very best guide, fisherman, and person I have every known. I will and have prayed for Mary and family. He was the very best and I will miss him and his gently soul.

1 hour ago, Bill Babler said:

Very well said, Bill.  James and I are thinking of you this morning and praying for you and Bill's family.

That is terrible news.  I had the chance to visit with him during a chance meeting at the ramp probably ten or more years ago.  Maybe the nicest guy I've ever met.  Shared all kinds of tips, information and locations with us just cause that's obviously the kind of guy that he was.

We were just so impressed with the man.

Perhaps even more telling though is the fact that I had no idea who he was and didn't find out and connect the dots until almost a year later.  Once I put two and two together I always said that I was going to make it a point to hire him some day and to tell him thanks for helping out a couple of hacks.

Unfortunately, I never got it out of the thinking stage.

Way too young and way to good to leave so early.

Very sad.