A few smallmouth flies

12 hours ago, Al Agnew said:

Sam Potter always says that flies like that cast like a sack of wet kittens.

On my trip to the North Country this past week, I wish I'd brought my fly rod and some of those.  Murky water meant I could have gotten close and made short casts, and the fish hanging right on the bank and looking for anything dropping off the grass meant that I could have really combed those banks with continual casts...cast, three or four twitches, pick it up and cast again.  It would have been the perfect situation, and one instance where the fly rod would probably have been the superior tool.

Those north country bass rise to flies like trout. Early evening in the tails of pools the rises are subtle. Any medium size bug will match the hatch. 

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

5 hours ago, Greasy B said:

Those north country bass rise to flies like trout. Early evening in the tails of pools the rises are subtle. Any medium size bug will match the hatch. 

They do it here too. Maybe not as much since I've never been there but I have had decent luck doing it here. 

Dead drifting a white Sneaky Pete accounted for over a dozen 10-13 inch smallies today for me and my kid.  

Two 15 inchers ate this thing here which is a new pattern I just started playing with IMG_20170910_213945215.jpg

I'm really impressed with it.  If you want a slow sexy streamer that sub-walks reliably.....this is it. 

Here's the SBS  but I used silicone instead of the stuff he uses on the head.  That might make a difference. After seeing the way it worked today I am sticking with the clear silicone.

The Game Changer got alot of bites today but zero hookups.   That fly just ain't gonna catch'em unless they are big enough to get the whole thing in their mouth.   Everything was eating that sexy tail, none ate the head.