Phone service

Rodmaker

23 hours ago, m&m said:

Rodmaker, I am in the dam area and my AT&T works fine until I get into the far reaches of Long creek or way up the white river. The real question should be about internet service as what I have found it is slow here.

by the way, what area of the lake will you be living? 

Mike

Pioneer point up the James. Point 10 by aunts creek. (you know, that place on the lake with no fish in it.) Thanks everyone for your comments. I currently have Verizon, I guess I'll stick with it. 

54 minutes ago, Rodmaker said:

Pioneer point up the James. Point 10 by aunts creek. (you know, that place on the lake with no fish in it.) Thanks everyone for your comments. I currently have Verizon, I guess I'll stick with it. 

Good plan! I live on the James near pt. 13 and Verizon wins hands down.

On 9/14/2017 at 6:53 AM, m&m said:

Rodmaker, I am in the dam area and my AT&T works fine until I get into the far reaches of Long creek or way up the white river. The real question should be about internet service as what I have found it is slow here.

by the way, what area of the lake will you be living? 

Mike

Yes Internet is a problem depending on were you live - Suddenlink is great (highspeed, when it works and if you can get it where you are), Century Link dsl is slow, or hughnet which is expensive if you are a big user.