OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Ham

A little help with Plant ID

Yes, it is a button bush. Good call. 

BTW, my last fishing trip a few weeks ago, we noticed that the wildflowers and bushes along the banks were absolutely beautiful and plentiful. Don"t recall the absolute plethora of flowers in many years on this stretch. Flooding? Cool dry August? Great to see though.

Well then, based and me being really late to the game learning about MDC's seedling program, Next year, I'll be planting me some trees and shrubs.

I will take a little while to plan for what plant and what locations BUT I'm inspired.

28 minutes ago, Ham said:

Well then, based and me being really late to the game learning about MDC's seedling program, Next year, I'll be planting me some trees and shrubs.

I will take a little while to plan for what plant and what locations BUT I'm inspired.

Don't think you are late Ham. I just got my order form. Want me to mail it to you? They don't even mail seedlings until early Spring. Leave places for chestnuts if you still want them. BilletHead

Looks like a monarch in the first photo?  AGFC is doing a tracking study, if you want to report your sighting. 

https://www.agfc.com/en/news/2017/09/06/help-agfc-follow-the-monarch-migration/

Saw quite a few monarchs crossing Table Rock when I was out fishing Thursday, the migration is on.

button bush as many flowering plants can have a second but reduced blooming cycle in the late summer.....cool plants.. they grow along the shore and are good places to fish when the water rises in them.....I seem to catch some nice crappie around them