Big Doin's at Bass Pro Today

Phil Lilley

4 minutes ago, Phil Lilley said:

Wish I was going...  would be cool to be there.  We are going Friday to the Ozarks Heritage Event.

So does this mean you got your special invite Phil! 

We were at the store yesterday and was told the store is closed today for the ultra special event. Not public today. Past presidents Bush and Carter, fishing and hunting legends, Racing legends too. Other special guests including political from the top national to local Missouri muckety, mucks. performances from top county and western performers. 

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

26 minutes ago, Quillback said:

One of these days I will go up there and check it out.  Unfortunately ticket prices are pretty steep, $20-$30 a pop.

Just looked at the price - $40 for an adult combo ticket. 

And they won't go down if they follow suit with Big Cedar attractions like Top of the Rock.

$40 for two adults to walk around Dogwood Canyon too.

• Root Admin

I've been through it, although it wasn't finished last May.  I've been through a lot of aquariums and attractions across the country but this is awesome!  Pics and videos don't do it justice.  Ticket price is not high - not saying it cheap either. 

We bought a table at Friday's event.  I did get an email but I thought it was a public event.  $125 per ticket.  Not sure if they have any room left though.

Tonight's deal is $1,000 per plate.  I'd be cool to see 3 presidents in one place so close to home.  Carter and Bush Sr. are getting up there in age.

I wonder why the Clinton's weren't invited?

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

9 minutes ago, moguy1973 said:

Hmmm, I thought this was going to be a free thing :unsure:

Johnny Morris does not do free. $138 with tax for a family of four (assuming children are under 11).

And before we restart the Johnny bashing debate, I believe he has every right to charge whatever the heck he wants for attractions that he builds. Nobody is forced to go to any of them, and he just won't get my money. I do still regularly shop at BPS stores.  

"Of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy."

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."

13 minutes ago, moguy1973 said:

Hmmm, I thought this was going to be a free thing :unsure:

Nothing is free in Johnny World, but it is usually first class.

“If a cluttered desk is a sign, of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk a sign?”- Albert Einstein

We will go. I have been waiting for this reopening since they shut down the previous exhibit! Can't say how often I have been to their construction website to review progress over the years.