Tonight at the Vise: Share Your Creations

Something a little out of the ordinary tonight. Already getting hyped for winter FL trip, thus I introduce the mini-squiddy!

Has some insane UV flouresence, can't really get a good pic of it. Pretty fun to tie up. Should work good at night in around the docks. 

5590.jpeg

5588.jpeg

Live count (10/19/17) : Streamers lost to Taneycomo's Giant Squid = 12

10 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

What are you talking out there? 

I know nothing about salty fish.

I've only used spinning rods for saltwater fishing in the past. Right after last year's trip down to FL I really got serious about fly fishing. That being said, I am stoked to head down there with some fly rods this year to say the least. I'm planning on making about 100 flies for the trip from clousers to shrimp to squid to crabs to.... god knows what.

So I'm just as inexperienced as well. Can't wait to put In some work and catch some of those salty fish.

My dad has a 9wt rod we plan on using. Should be suitable for the inshore/surf fishing I plan on doing.

1 minute ago, fishinwrench said:

I meant to say *stalking* but auto correct apparently doesn't like that word (took me 4 trys to get it THIS time).

So anyway... What kind of fish are you persuing?    Reds? Tarpon? SHARK!!!??  or just whatever gets ahold of you?

Haha autocorrect is something else. My main targets are:

Snook

Jack

Black drum (if I get lucky. Catching those o  spinning rods was a blast)

Ladyfish 

REDFISH!

And anything else that bites. I would be ecstatic to catch any salt creature on the fly. 

6 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Oh my goodness!  

I'm a little excited about this one... 

You bobber guys should jump all over this!  

That looks like a great leech pattern. As a guy that often fishes flies on spin tackle this one should work well under a float. Now if I can just find someone tying these flies that is willing to barter☺.