OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Ozarks Chillbilly

Tonight at the Vise: Share Your Creations

6 hours ago, Ozarks Chillbilly said:

Haha, I like the name. 

Yeah ya got me there. Check out the resemblance though!

Screenshot_20170922-005537.png

So you just had to bring up the Shuttlecock ?

OK then most of you know how I feel about this streamer by now. Ozarks Chillbilly I will fill you in. I like tying them, a bit different than most of the ones out there. Other than my balsa fly topwater baits (prefer to catch hybrid on top) the shuttlecock is my go to streamer. Nice big head to push water and long wavy tail. Side to side action from the wide head like Wrench talked about. The red head was a great one this season. Was told by a guy pink is good in dingy water. He speaks the truth :)

DSCF0782 - Copy.JPGDSCF0812 - Copy.JPG

DSCF0813 - Copy.JPGDSCF1021 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2163.JPGDSCF2568 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2164.JPGDSCF2363 - Copy.JPG

DSCF3322 - Copy.JPGthumbnail_IMG_6191[1] - Copy.jpg

Are you guys getting tired of me showing how much I like shuttlecocks?  You all want to make me start tying again. I have a need to do this by the seasons. Plus my tying area looks like a bomb went off in there.

thumbnail_0921171244[1].jpg

I have a thought about this mess and maybe a different desk. Mrs. BilletHead just cringes looking in here. So the desk would give us an excuse for a clean up. But if I organize  how could I find anything? :) ,

BilletHead

19 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

So you just had to bring up the Shuttlecock ?

OK then most of you know how I feel about this streamer by now. Ozarks Chillbilly I will fill you in. I like tying them, a bit different than most of the ones out there. Other than my balsa fly topwater baits (prefer to catch hybrid on top) the shuttlecock is my go to streamer. Nice big head to push water and long wavy tail. Side to side action from the wide head like Wrench talked about. The red head was a great one this season. Was told by a guy pink is good in dingy water. He speaks the truth :)

DSCF0782 - Copy.JPGDSCF0812 - Copy.JPG

DSCF0813 - Copy.JPGDSCF1021 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2163.JPGDSCF2568 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2164.JPGDSCF2363 - Copy.JPG

DSCF3322 - Copy.JPGthumbnail_IMG_6191[1] - Copy.jpg

Are you guys getting tired of me showing how much I like shuttlecocks?  You all want to make me start tying again. I have a need to do this by the seasons. Plus my tying area looks like a bomb went off in there.

thumbnail_0921171244[1].jpg

I have a thought about this mess and maybe a different desk. Mrs. BilletHead just cringes looking in here. So the desk would give us an excuse for a clean up. But if I organize  how could I find anything? :) ,

BilletHead

Glad to see someone else's organized chaos!

Tied this yesterday as a white version of the same fly ... Looks like a barely legal when wet but more side to side action and less jigging action. I'm try them out today on bass in the pond ...

0921171101.jpg

7 hours ago, trythisonemv said:

Tied this yesterday as a white version of the same fly ... Looks like a barely legal when wet but more side to side action and less jigging action. I'm try them out today on bass in the pond ...

0921171101.jpg

Nice build. I can see the influence of Galloup's BL on the back side, I like your idea on the head. I think it would work really well up by the dam too, in that color and black/white. Looks very similar to Charlie Craven's Double Gonga too.

Here's a few of those and some variations I was messing around with. They all have the lead eyes but I've been catching trout on the black/white/olive ones.

20170906_201356.jpg20170908_221743.jpg

6 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

I had forgotten about your shuttlecock. Did you ever do a SBS on that thing?  If so I think I missed it.

No I have not. I would really like to do one in my version. The SBS I have seen is a bit different than mine I may do one if you all want but I will ask the originator if he thinks it is OK. Am sure he will not care but I would like to ask first. Only thing that might make it better would be Ronnie taking the pictures but I will try . This will all be after I clean and organize the remains of the room where the bomb hit so you all do not be in a hurry,

BilletHead

2 hours ago, Ozarks Chillbilly said:

Nice build. I can see the influence of Galloup's BL on the back side, I like your idea on the head. I think it would work really well up by the dam too, in that color and black/white. Looks very similar to Charlie Craven's Double Gonga too.

Here's a few of those and some variations I was messing around with. They all have the lead eyes but I've been catching trout on the black/white/olive ones.

20170906_201356.jpg20170908_221743.jpg

That bottom one looks sick! Brown and yellow would be killer on that pattern for north fork.like the wool may have to buy some

1 hour ago, BilletHead said:

No I have not. I would really like to do one in my version. The SBS I have seen is a bit different than mine I may do one if you all want but I will ask the originator if he thinks it is OK. Am sure he will not care but I would like to ask first. Only thing that might make it better would be Ronnie taking the pictures but I will try . This will all be after I clean and organize the remains of the room where the bomb hit so you all do not be in a hurry,

BilletHead

Well...before the Whites show up on the flats would be nice.  😁

2 hours ago, trythisonemv said:

That bottom one looks sick! Brown and yellow would be killer on that pattern for north fork.like the wool may have to buy some

Yeah man, I've caught some decent rainbows up by the dam on an olive and white one. Black/white too. Pretty fun to tie also.