OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Question for Brian

Brian, heading down with another guy or two on Oct 7-9, and wanting to camp at a new site. Realize water is awful low right now and wondering about getting a jet boat (friend has jet, I will take my canoe to float one day) very far upstream or downstream from accesses. We have camped just about everywhere on the Turner to Whitten stretch and most familiar with that section, and want something new. If he launches boat at Turner, how far upstream will he be able to  get and any good campsites we can get to. Or if he launches at Greer CG, how far downstream can we get and is there any good camp sites? OR if he launches at Whitten, how far down can we go downstream with the current low water level?  Looking for some new scenery to camp. Advice appreciated. We need Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

You can get a few miles downstream of Whitten and there are places to camp.  The locals who know the river can get all the way to Hall Bay.  Same goes for the other access points you mentioned, you can go a long ways if you know what you are doing with the boat, except at Greer if you go upstream, I would not go above Greer spring very far.