My Second Walleye This Year...

yaknar

I floated down the river, last week, for the last time this year.  The river is down with no current. I had to paddle the 6.5 miles, rough for an old man, and I should have worn my Fitbit, I would have at lest gotten 1/2 mile walking.  I found out what they wanted right off and it turned out to be another great day on the river. I caught goggle eyes, smallmouths, a cat and a walleye. Took a few pictures of the size bass I was catching. Most were caught on swallow crankbaits. I always start out what was working best on my last trip out, J tail grub, but only caught 3 so I switched. I caught the walleye on a small crankbait, it had two #10 treble hooks on it. Boy was I surprised. ......All the fish were released, but someone told me that walleyes are pretty tasty...I think there should be a word that describes " when a fish tows you around the river while your in your kayak."  Saw an eagle and a few trees are starting to turn.... I've enjoyed my time on the river this year but its time to hang up the paddle........

tree.jpg

eagle.jpg

fishhhh.jpg

fishhhhhh.jpg

fishh.jpg

wall.jpg

wall2.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

Bass Yakker thanks for the comments. Jerry, I have fished the river almost all the way through November before but......  I dont count fish but the colder it get, the fewer fish I catch and its cold setting on a plastic boat and only catching a couple fish....The way I like to fish is wading in sneakers, shorts, and t-shirt with my kayak tied to my belt.....

I think that's about right.  You hit the nail on the head right there.  You're right that when it gets colder it is harder to catch fish and also gets more dangerous in a yak if you were to flip over.  When the water temps get below 60 you will see me fishing from the bank.