Making meat

BilletHead

4 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Its going to start getting good soon as we have some cold weather coming end of week.  

I have Monday through Thursday off next week. Really would like to get a chance at a few deer. May still try to fill my last firearms turkey tag over the weekend.

I havent fall turkey hunted in a few years, other than the few i have shot with my bow. Love busting up those flocks then sitting and whistling them back in.  

Im taking a  day off a week until after gun season. Seeing more buck sign each trip to check cameras.  Its almost time. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

Back when I used to bowhunt hard as soon as season opened, I'd nearly always have some birds patterned by Oct 1. I could take the shotgun, go out and pop my two birds and go back to bow hunting. Now I don't mess with fall turkeys unless one stumbles by while I'm bow hunting. Several years back I decided to take the shotgun and go after turkeys and had a nice buck come walking past me at 20 yards and all I could do was watch him. That was about the time I decided I wouldn't be in the woods without a bow after October 20th.

This weather is making g me want to dig out my bow.  Haven't bow hunted in several years, but still enjoy flinging arrows at the big bale of hay.  I used to have more fun with my old black widow recurve stalking the dark woods when it rained and the wind blew.  Stalked within 30 yards of several deer without ever getting a shot at them, get busted on the draw, get winded, no clear shot etc. but had more fun doing that than any other type of hutinting.  Deer have "ruined" more perfectly good deer hunts than any other critter, well except maybe me.  Now deer are for my wife to shoot during rifle season and this year she even gets and extra tag so she can legally kill 3 deer, allows me to worry more about fishing.