OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
SkylerMartin

New to fishing in the Ozarks

Hey All,

I grew up setting lines and fishing for catfish. I am new to any form of intentional trout, bass, or crappie fishing but aim to learn. I am hear to pick up any knowledge that I can and hope to contribute on some level once I've become more acquainted with fishing in the Ozarks. I've caught a few trout, I think more by luck than anything else. Interested in learning how to utilize different lures and flies and maybe even fly fishing at some point. 

Excited to hear from fisherman with years of experience. Thanks! 

Skyler 

Welcome to the forums, Skyler! I've learned a ton on this site so you're definitely in the right place. Hopefully you can head out soon and target some fish!

Feel free to ask any questions here or anywhere on the forums!

Welcome! Recently discovered this forum myself, may not be the most active but there's a wealth of knowledge if you browse around. 

If you're looking to try bass fishing, do some research on the "Ned Rig". I've never been big on plastics, but I have been consistently landing the biggest smallmouth and largemouth of my life since getting the hang of it. Read about it on this forum first. Enjoy all the new things to learn and fishing in the Ozarks!