OzarkAnglers.Com Forum

I understand that some Stripers make it into the tailwaters- How big ?  How often are they caught near Beaver.

Most every time Beaver dam does a spillway release a few go over the top. In years past, AGFC collected as many as they could with their shocking boat and put them back where they came from once levels returned to near normal. I don't know if they did that this year or not. Either way, the numbers are pretty slim to dedicate a trip for that purpose.

On the other hand, it's hard to forget the 64+ lber Jeff Fletcher caught there 15-20 years ago...B)

On 10/27/2017 at 10:15 AM, bfishn said:

Most every time Beaver dam does a spillway release a few go over the top. In years past, AGFC collected as many as they could with their shocking boat and put them back where they came from once levels returned to near normal. I don't know if they did that this year or not. Either way, the numbers are pretty slim to dedicate a trip for that purpose.

On the other hand, it's hard to forget the 64+ lber Jeff Fletcher caught there 15-20 years ago...B)

I am in Holiday Island, so its close anyway !  (in a van down by the river). LOL !!!!!