This weekend?

brianetz1

2 hours ago, Old plug said:

That particular type of thing is not happening down here at all even far back in the coves. 

Oh I bet it is.  Those fish are probably just tired of seeing wacky worms, jigs, spinnerbaits and flukes.    

I'll loan you a flyrod and a couple of these streamers if ya want.     

I plopped that Airhead fly down next to a dock at the mouth of a shallow cove, gave it a little jerk, and 7-8 came shooting out from under it, fighting over it.  I caught 3 of them before the others figured out it was a snack that bit back.  They were all shorts but two docks further into the cove was one that looked 15-16" that shot out, sucked the fly in and blew it right back out before I could set the hook. Have had that happen a bunch.  Ya gotta be fast!  

20 hours ago, Old plug said:

I do not know the area you fishing but ths lowering of the water has caused havoc with the lower lake for me. Ths is my time of year to have a lot of fun with sinkos.. I look forward to this every year when the sknko fishng fades so do I. Just to cold for my old bones.

I started in earnest yesterday. I could hardly find a bass. The lowering of the lake has left most of the places and structures  they lurk around this time of tear out of the water are almost. . It has changed the way they are feeding. I caught one Bass yesterday 3 1/2 and the one below today. That was 5.44. If you know where winter deep banks are you just got to fsh them till your sick of it Both these fish were about 8ft. That males for long time retrieves . I think the big ones are up right now. 

image.jpeg

nice fish plug

6 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Oh I bet it is.  Those fish are probably just tired of seeing wacky worms, jigs, spinnerbaits and flukes.    

I'll loan you a flyrod and a couple of these streamers if ya want.     

I plopped that Airhead fly down next to a dock at the mouth of a shallow cove, gave it a little jerk, and 7-8 came shooting out from under it, fighting over it.  I caught 3 of them before the others figured out it was a snack that bit back.  They were all shorts but two docks further into the cove was one that looked 15-16" that shot out, sucked the fly in and blew it right back out before I could set the hook. Have had that happen a bunch.  Ya gotta be fast!  

I bet that is a bunch of fun, what kind of water temps are you picking up, lower 60s yet? you would think that the whites or " mutts " would be hitting it good, Maybe this cooler weather and cooler water temps should get em fired up??  

1 hour ago, 96 CHAMP said:

I bet that is a bunch of fun, what kind of water temps are you picking up, lower 60s yet? you would think that the whites or " mutts " would be hitting it good, Maybe this cooler weather and cooler water temps should get em fired up??  

I take the river Jon boat when I'm exclusively fly-fishing so I can get across and above the flats, and it is minus any electronics so I'm not sure on water temp, but I'd say low/mid 60°'s up here.   The whites would definitely be up in there by now if they hadn't sucked the lake down so far.

The coots and gulls haven't showed up yet. Pelicans arrived Thursday for the first time.  Still seeing turtles so there's still time for it to happen.

Coots are already on the rivers and pelicans showed up on Truman over a month ago. 

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

15 minutes ago, Chief Grey Bear said:

Coots are already on the rivers and pelicans showed up on Truman over a month ago. 

Both + the gulls are usually here before Halloween, but things are running a bit late this year I think.

Not much latitude/longitude difference between here and Truman though, so who knows.

I first saw the pelicans in September. I thought it was early. Some gulls weren't far behind. This was in the Clinton area.

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

Wrench I brought on my bass tackle. I think the lake temp is going to nose dive into the mid 50 s by next weekend anything colder than today seems to get to my old bones. I think I am done with the bass till the days start jumping ahead in Late Jan and Feb . I hve a couple freshly brushed docks in the area. I will be visiting them I am sure.