11/10 report

Vinsott

Got a late start and was on the water about 1pm.  The forecasted 5-10 mph winds sure seemed more like 10-20 to me.  My pontoon sucks in winds.  Found some bait balls and tried to drag some brooders around the bait.  Well the brooders definitely got dragged.  I actually hooked into my first striper of the year and the hook popped out.  I could tell it was a keeper but not big.  Thirty minutes later on the same rod another take.  I immediately could tell it was a much better fish.  Big head shakes and strong runs let me know.  Fought it for about five minutes and pop goes the weasel again.  I thought it busted off but nope hook just pulled again.  After jumping up and down and cursing for a few minutes I cut the hook off and threw it away.  Needless to say only one white bass after that and got tired of fighting the boat.

Going to try in the morning again with hopefully some better luck.  Hope someone else got into them.  Saw a few boats out fishing. 

Went with a friend today and he got this one just over 11 pounds. I caught a bunch of spots, and largemouth on brooders. No striper for me yet but at least we got one in the boat. Maybe next time. Just can't seem to find any good schools of striper to target.

striper11-17.JPG