A Friends Fall Carp Fishing Session with some 20's 30's

MoCarp

39 minutes ago, Jerry Rapp said:

where was he fishing?

He isn't going to tell you Jerry! You will sneak in and clean out his honey hole,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

1 hour ago, Jerry Rapp said:

where was he fishing?

Its a highland Res in PA...however I will share a spot on TR..

if the water is right..this google earth pic ..waters pretty low....the areas with the Cs are usually under water nice feeding flat close to deep water

the red C is areas to chum..the S is where to set up..

a small 13" tire allows to to beach you boat safely and set up...I never had any issues doing this....nights are best and the fish run decent you will have a crack at 20#

.best chum is corn soaked then boiled till it starts to split....groats and pigeon feed as well

dump three.... 5 gal buckets full....the wait 2 days then dump again.......

then fish 2 days later,.... In addition to the grains, I put out 2 -3 pounds of home made boilies on the second chumming....

then the day you go fishing... as you boat in.... dump out 1/2 a bucket.. and a couple hand full of boilies...try to set up before dark its easier......hook baits ..what you have been chumming....

try to keep a low profile..if people see you chumming you may get a Bfer or 3 shooting your chum bed....

at a distance it will look like your are just getting water in your bucket.......when you set up camo buckets and clothes....will help you avoid any un wanted company....

bring a big net, and as a stop gap landing mat (makes it easier to unhook and control the flopping just place a wet wash cloth over the eyes) you can use a Kindergarten nap mat..or yoga mat, even a pets mat....wet it 1st,

I would encourage you to release big fish but small carp under 8# or so are very good eating from TR...smoked then flake the meat mixed with mayo and spices make a great foodball food on crackers....channels and even some trout get caught here depending on time of year

as to where to cast if the lake is rising they are mostly south side of the flat... falling north side, like most big fish I like at least one bait on the 1st drop on the side I see fish breaching 

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 3.24.56 PM.jpg

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

17 minutes ago, Jerry Rapp said:

ah man, you are just digging your hole deeper.  Pennsylvania?  That's not the Ozarks.

elaborate?....how far is Arcadia Valley, MO from branson? I see fishing reports from all over the USA...including the Gulf and rocky mtns..minnesota and canada....

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

• Members
3 hours ago, Jerry Rapp said:

where was he fishing?

Pennsylvania. If you ever find yourself up this way let me know. I would be more than happy to take you out fishing. I have multiple sets of gear and you are more than welcome to use it. I have not been to Kansas in a while. My good friend lived there and have traveled to OK a few times. If i make it down that way again you are more than welcome to join for a day of fishing if you want to see what it is about. 

The white river chain of lakes has decent common carp fishing however it was better a few years ago, Truman, LOZ and Pomme have better Buff fishing than common carp...Stockton has smaller commons about 18# is my largest there.... back when the lake had Tiger Muskies the carp ran bigger...

the best places for the biggest fish are smaller municipal run lakes that do not allow Bfing as city ordinance....they restrict weapon discharges in City limits..NW Arkansas and SE Kansas have a great number of these smaller city lakes these are your best crack at fish over 35# our rivers in the Ozarks have some carp fishing but its spotty...as a rule waters with bigger bass/catfish/and larger predators like Muskie or Stripers have bigger commons...other than spring spawning, commons tend to have a home range so catching and releasing a big carp even in a vast reservoir can lead to recaptures....buffs run deeper in the same waters both occur and avg much larger than commons...many smaller lakes in our area have never had a serious attempt at eurocarping...so explore you may find those spots that hold very large fish;)

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

I will say that I have been more impressed with the handling and releases of carp than what I normally see from avid C&R bass fishermen.

Mr Wingard sounds a lot more like my family from Pittsburgh than my wife's family from Reading. I would say he is from western PA.

15 hours ago, Jerry Rapp said:

ah man, you are just digging your hole deeper.  Pennsylvania?  That's not the Ozarks.

Really? There are reports posted all time that are well outside of the Ozarks and not a peep out of you. Al posts numerous times on his Montana trips. Marty has epic western trips every year that he posts. And I'm glad they do. I enjoy reading them. 

But because this is a carp post and it' en vogue right now to be anti-carp, you want to jump in? At least don't be so blantantly hypocritical about it. 

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors