good luck OAF, everyone else can suck it.. Eh?

1 hour ago, Mitch f said:

Why don’t you guys do something totally foreign to you and actually go up the the Evergreen POlice department PRIOR to going on the float and explaining the situation in a nice way...it will go much further than showing up full of piss and vinegar trying to pick a fight.

No, you can do that, then meet us at the Atlanta Rd. bridge.

4 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Why would I need to ask someone if it’s okay to do something totally legal. They are the law breakers, not me. 

I’m in. If they want to unlawfully arrest me for trespassing I will willingly let them. Be nice to own a piece of land on that river anyways. 

Totally agree, but IF you are wrongfully arrested you still have to fork up a fair amount of coin for legal representation.   I set out to fight a trespassing charge once and the cost of doing it quickly scared me off.  

I've kinda decided that if it ever happens to me again I will not sign the ticket and not speak a word.  Pretty much immediately go deaf/dumb/blind the instant I'm confronted by a LEO.

Does anyone know how we can find out the width of the right of way for the bridges in the area?

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

2 hours ago, Greasy B said:

That sound good Mitch but I don’t think there really is a police department, just hired hands that do what the boss tells them. I’m the last person to pick a fight and I pissed out the last of my vinegar long ago.  I’ve been looking at that river for forty years and I’m willing to do most anything to spend a day floating it. Heck I don’t even care if I caught a fish I just think no one should be able to deny the lawful right to float down a waterway. I’m in but we’re going to need a plan and that plan has nothing to do with a fight.    

A couple of years ago Scott and I talked about a trip to Plasterville. Shortly after that I was in the neighborhood and scouted out the accesses. At that time the low water bridge upstream of hwy 5 looked easy enough, limited parking but I don’t recall seeing any signs or much purple paint. Obviously there is no place to park at the hwy 5 bridge, and Mr above the law seen to it that the new bridge at Skyline Dr doesn’t have any parking and bridge embankment is lined with boulders the size of a washing machine. I don’t see how you could take out there without having someone to pick you up and a team of people to help pull the boats up to the road with ropes. I drove home heartbroken that day.

Has anyone ever spoken directly with the guy? Maybe someone on this forum knows him?

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

3 hours ago, Mitch f said:

Why don’t you guys do something totally foreign to you and actually go up the the Evergreen POlice department PRIOR to going on the float and explaining the situation in a nice way...it will go much further than showing up full of piss and vinegar trying to pick a fight.

Trespass would probably fall to the county sheriff unless the whole thing took place within the city limits, I think?

2 hours ago, tjm said:

What makes it legal to float it? Or illegal?

Dept. of Conservation (We tax payers) has bought public accesses above and below.   Do you know of any other river in the state that has a section of river, right in the middle of it, that you're not allowed to float through?   

I don't.  Therefore I challenge the law in Evergreen, Mo.