good luck OAF, everyone else can suck it.. Eh?

Just for the sake of saying it.....I doubt that there are very many Smallies up in the Spring branch's now.  It's still early Fall weather wise.

Just didn't want someone to hit it and think "yep those bastards on OAF have run their mouths and RUINED IT".

:)

1 hour ago, Phil Lilley said:

Then... why have a fishing forum?

I understand what you're saying, Mitch.  I just had to ask.

Any info anyone shares can be abused.  But even using that term "abused" is open to interpretation.

Of course I mean fishing locations. How to, lure choice, lure presentations, by all means.....

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Here's what bugs me about the attitude that it's not a secret so why not share it. Say that there are a thousand anglers who already know about a specific spot where there is a concentration of smallmouth in the winter. A percentage of them are even catch and keep anglers.  Do you really think that population is better off if those anglers all tell all their friends and by the end of the winter 5000 anglers know about it and five times as many are fishing that spot? No, it's worse off. 

Sure there's an element of selfishness involved, as Chief is saying. But there are also very good reasons relating to the health of the fishery for not broadcasting specific spots where fish are concentrated and particularly vulnerable.  And even if it's selfish, ask yourself if you are really going to be just as happy (and expect just as much good fishing) if a lot more people are fishing one of the spots you like to fish.

And here's another thought...if some friend told you about one of their best spots, even if they didn't swear you to secrecy, do you think they would be happy if you spread it around to everybody you ran into? In effect, that's what you're doing to everybody who knows and likes to fish a certain, specific spot like this. How many of them are going to be happy seeing more anglers fishing it? So basically, you are being a little selfish yourself in ignoring what your spreading the information is doing to those people.

So share if you want, but expect me to jump all over you if you share spots where fish are particularly vulnerable, or if you share a specific spot that I fish. And don't expect me to EVER privately share a spot with you, because you have already broken the unwritten rule among anglers that we don't broadcast each others' spots.

15 minutes ago, Al Agnew said:

And just to clarify, I don't and probably will never fish those smallies in Bennett. It ain't one of MY spots. But I realize that it's SOMEBODY'S spot, somebody who isn't going to be happy if twice as many are fishing it.

I think you hit a homerun with this comment.  Now, back in my foxhole !

19 minutes ago, Hog Wally said:

I think you hit a homerun with this comment.  Now, back in my foxhole !

Duck and run before you get hit by shrapnel !  Good response,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead