the feedbag is still on

merc1997 Bo

been fishing the last three days, and the feedbag is still on.  however, it is catch in a different place each day.  either the bait is just moving that much or the bass is moving them that much, but more than likely it has more to do with the weather.  anyway, still same two lures. ZincSpoon, and 3/4 GrassJig with 4" swimmer.  depth for the most part is 40 to 50 feet.  we have caught 10 to 12 keepers each day, and the bulk have been lmg's.

on a side note, have seen a few chasing up on the surface, but they appear to be mostly smaller ones.

bo

11-21-3.JPG11-21-2.JPG11-21-1.jpeg

This post has been promoted to an article

Bo - you are right...fishing up in the KC area and there are tons busting the surface but small ones...and a boat load of graph traffic!!!....I could not get any love on the spoon....maybe I am not doing it right. I will have to dig out my grass jig and 4'' swimmer!! And give it a try.

guy fishing 100 yards from me was getting action on the jerk bait.

going to be a nice day tomorrow and I will NOT be a black Friday guy 

C4F

Crazy4fishin
A Cornhusker

Great report Bo!

question: in your opinion and the opinion of Quillback, why hasn’t Table Rock produced any big smallmouth? I’ve really been disappointed that no one has even come close to rivaling a 7 pound smallmouth. You would think a lake with the smallmouth population like TR would at least produce a few 6-6 1/2 pounders every year.

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

2 hours ago, Mitch f said:

Great report Bo!

question: in your opinion and the opinion of Quillback, why hasn’t Table Rock produced any big smallmouth? I’ve really been disappointed that no one has even come close to rivaling a 7 pound smallmouth. You would think a lake with the smallmouth population like TR would at least produce a few 6-6 1/2 pounders every year.

probably the same reason that we do not have lots of big largemouth and smallmouth.  there may be some in the lake, but many are just open water feeders, and some can be buried under docks and you can not get to them.

bo

I'm thinking genetics, those footballs they grow up north aren't the same as the ones we have down here.  Same thing for the spotted bass, we got the Kentucky (smaller) version, those big ones they catch elsewhere are the Alabama strain.

Did they stock smallmouth when they impounded the White river lakes or are the ones we catch the same strain that inhabited the river before it was dammed? 

9 hours ago, Quillback said:

I'm thinking genetics, those footballs they grow up north aren't the same as the ones we have down here.  Same thing for the spotted bass, we got the Kentucky (smaller) version, those big ones they catch elsewhere are the Alabama strain.

Did they stock smallmouth when they impounded the White river lakes or are the ones we catch the same strain that inhabited the river before it was dammed? 

they are the ones that where here to begin with.

bo

the one's up north are iced in 6 months of the year.  And in season most of the fishing pressure is on walleye.  As for as the big Alabama spotted bass, they are now being hammered year round also, just like smallies in our part of the world.  You don't hear about big Spots in the south anymore.