OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Sloss

forest fires and guide trips

Got out and guided David and Paul the last couple of days. On the first day we really had to work to get the fish to bite, at least it felt that way, but in the end we had boated around 40 trout. We caught most the fish on marabou jigs under an indicator and a few on stoneflies. Today I decided to go a little smaller, which is against the norm on the Eleven Point. We fished copper Johns today and from the get go the trout were all over them. Probably 50-60 fish today with a better average size. On a side note, we are very dry down here. Avoid campfires and don't throw cigs out the window. On the way out of Turner yesterday the forest service was fighting a small fire about 3 miles up the road from the river. This morning, we saw smoke down river when we first put in so we went back to the car and I called the forest service to see if the fire had gotten worse. At that point they said it was fine, but after a windy afternoon, when we pulled out the fire had made it an half mile from the Turner access. The fire crews were putting in some hard work. I heard we might get a little rain tomorrow,fingers crossed.www.elevenpointflyfishing.com

DSCF1309.JPG

DSCF1310.JPG