Here's what I've gotten back from guides:

Guide #1 - average 4.5 out of 10 want to keep their limit

Guide #2 - average 5 out of 10 want to keep their limit

Guide #3 - average 8.5 out of 10 want to keep their limit

Guide #4 - average 8 out of 10 want to keep their limit

Guide #5 - average 4.5 out of 10 want to keep their limit

Guide #6 - average 2.5 out of 10 want to keep their limit

Averages out to 5.5 out of 10. 

There's one guide who didn't get back to me and I know he hardly every cleans fish, may be 1 out of 10 or less.

it would be cool to ask would they be clients would be happy to keep one less trout if they ran significantly larger  ......

I also wonder if there are other critters besides scuds/sowbugs that could be introduced to further enhance forage opportunities???...one reason I am a big proponent to stock Tiger Trout because they have been documented in eating more chubs/suckers than bows and pure browns..how ever small 6" bows would become tiger trout food..I think those would be a cool add to opportunities in Taney..stock them at 12" at 1/2 the rate of browns one per day 20"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_trout

4961702.jpg

Tiger-trout1.jpg

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

Phill's survey is indicative of what I'm sure the MDC will find. About half, and half with a bit of a tilt to larger, fewer.

But like any survey, the results can be dependant onvwho is asked. If it were mostly the fly fishing guides that float the trophy area in unpowered Dorys the results would be wuite different than asking mostly guides taking families fishing below Fall Creek using power baot, and gulp trout worms.

Without knowing who Phill talked to I think that difference was showm in Phill's survey. 

Real men go propless!

1 hour ago, Gatorjet said:

But like any survey, the results can be dependant onvwho is asked.

Are there many that fish that area without a guide? I would guess the use of guides is mostly by tourists? If traveling and sleeping in a hotel/motel with no cooking facility, very likely no one would keep fish. The thing about daily creel surveys is a single fisher might get interviewed fifty times, his opinion could become the most prevalent answer simply because he is there daily.

2 hours ago, Gatorjet said:

Phill's survey is indicative of what I'm sure the MDC will find. About half, and half with a bit of a tilt to larger, fewer.

But like any survey, the results can be dependant onvwho is asked. If it were mostly the fly fishing guides that float the trophy area in unpowered Dorys the results would be wuite different than asking mostly guides taking families fishing below Fall Creek using power baot, and gulp trout worms.

Without knowing who Phill talked to I think that difference was showm in Phill's survey. 

My take is this..why does someone hire a guide? limited time/knowledge to learn a water...to ether A catch many fish...or B.. Trophy hunt...if you are a bass fisherman and go to lake fork ..I'd bet you go out with a guide to catch a trophy..but if you go out with a guide on LOZ thats prob not the case.

1 hour ago, tjm said:

Are there many that fish that area without a guide? I would guess the use of guides is mostly by tourists? If traveling and sleeping in a hotel/motel with no cooking facility, very likely no one would keep fish. The thing about daily creel surveys is a single fisher might get interviewed fifty times, his opinion could become the most prevalent answer simply because he is there daily.

I would bet the VAST amount of anglers do not fish with a guide....so why do they fish? Trout are not everywhere...so you go to Taney for Trout (sometimes other less chased species).... sitting with bait out can be a relaxing way to catch fish for some.... but others like more effort like night fishing for browns.....

many anglers go through an evolution....from catching limits for the pan..to trying for that one fish for a lifetime..

or watching kids have a blast easy fishing.......

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

17 hours ago, Trout Addict said:

Thanks. Yeah, I wasn't aware of this one. But it looks fairly new, October 2016.  I take, on average, one show a year for the last few years and spend between 45 to 60 days fishing Taney. Last year Sight and Sound Moses and this weekend we're back at Sight and Sound for a Christmas show. And we'll be trying for some quality trout also.

I think we are supposed to go down to Branson for a day with the in laws towards the end of next week. If we do, I am hoping we get a chance to go back to the Sight and Sound theater for the Miracle of Christmas show.

I've never been to a show but my in-laws were down and wanted to go to The Dixie Stampede.  My daughter went with them and she was probably 10-11 years old.  I asked her if she liked it and she said "It smelled like horse poop so I had hard time eating dinner"  :lol:

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I've never been to a show but my in-laws were down and wanted to go to The Dixie Stampede.  My daughter went with them and she was probably 10-11 years old.  I asked her if she liked it and she said "It smelled like horse poop so I had hard time eating dinner"  :lol:

We have been many times, and have never experienced  any "aromas" other than the amazing food. My wife has an extremely acute sense of smell, and has never noticed. I can't count the times we have been to DS, and I honestly can not even witnessing a horse having an "accident".

I have heard a very few people say they didn't care for various things about DS. From no tableware, to too much show, and not enough horses, to not enough horses, and too much show. But never anything about smell.

Sounds like a bit of phantosmia, the brain making you think you smell something.

Real men go propless!