Best way keep hands warm?

fozzype

Multiple pairs of gloves.....Usually use the neoprene glacier gloves with the fold over mitt when canoeing in the winter, but I have several extra pairs of different varieties. including some and goretex ski gloves. Keeping your hands & gloves as dry as possible is key. Have a dry towel handy.

8 hours ago, MoCarp said:

personally I prefer slipping my hand in a pre-warmed victoria secret "34 DD" double barreled sling shot once every 30 min or so.... ;)

The May not like to fish as much as I thought. Certainly the best way mentioned thus far....and in a PG manner. Well done. 

8 hours ago, MoCarp said:

personally I prefer slipping my hand in a pre-warmed victoria secret "34 DD" double barreled sling shot once every 30 min or so.... ;)

MoCarp, out of curiosity how often do you do that each day? And is it in use when you warm your hands?

Mike

4 hours ago, m&m said:

MoCarp, out of curiosity how often do you do that each day? And is it in use when you warm your hands?

Mike

it only works if they are in use at the time.....and it seems you may only get one or two warm ups before one of two things happen.....1) you get reprimanded for turning the headlights on or 2) you get a shore pass for turning the headlights on.........number two being preferable:D

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

On 12/17/2017 at 2:02 PM, Pat Magee said:

I have a pair of Hestra Gore-tex mittens that are perfect for really cold weather fishing.  They are for legit mountain climbing but they certainly do the trick when cold water fishing.  They even have handcuffs so I can quickly slide them on and off without losing them if I need to do something bare handed. I also have tried the Hot Hands taped to the inside of my wrist and that seem to help a bit if you are wearing lighter more form fitting gloves.

I have been thinking about a fishing rod with a built in heater in the grip.  With every turn of the reel, it would power the small hand warmer in the rod.  I mean this really isn't a bad idea, right?

Unless you're buzz bait or crank bait fishing I guess.

You might set yourself on fire!

Champ would be sure to go up in smoke.........

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.

1 hour ago, vernon said:

Unless you're buzz bait or crank bait fishing I guess.

You might set yourself on fire!

Champ would be sure to go up in smoke.........

Yep, talk about total meltdown 😆

ClassActionTransparent.png

1 hour ago, CoolHandFluke said:

Does this technique work in the summer as well?

well funny you should ask....it seems that many swimsuit makers sell a 34 "DD" hand cooler for summer...I find after using it 2-or 3 times it induces drinking and nude swimming in the back of secluded coves

MONKEYS? what monkeys?