Personal Best Spot

Mitch f

Finally got a chance to go fishing for a couple of hours. Fishing was a little slow for a while, then hooked up with a big spotted bass on the bigger Hi-Def craw. Turned out to be my personal Best Spot.

13D5A8E1-6CC7-4B3F-B4A7-012C2F043C6F.jpeg

CCE19305-DE9E-4225-92FC-CC07D5130C91.jpeg

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

My wife, who does not fish, caught the largest spot ever in any of my boats. We were on Broken Bow lake in Oklahoma in the late 70's. I had an old 18 hp Evinrude on the back of a rented boat. We were fishing Texas rigged lizards on a point. I was, literally, casting my bait and hers. She had a pickup in about 20 feet of water and jerked when I told her to do so.

She did a great job. The fish would have measured well over 20 inches and I would swear it was between 5 and 6 pounds. At that time, I did not know how close she was to a state record.

We already had fish for eating, so we let it go. No pictures, of course.

Different world, different time, different results

2 minutes ago, rps said:

My wife, who does not fish, caught the largest spot ever in any of my boats. We were on Broken Bow lake in Oklahoma in the late 70's. I had an old 18 hp Evinrude on the back of a rented boat. We were fishing Texas rigged lizards on a point. I was, literally, casting my bait and hers. She had a pickup in about 20 feet of water and jerked when I told her to do so.

She did a great job. The fish would have measured well over 20 inches and I would swear it was between 5 and 6 pounds. At that time, I did not know how close she was to a state record.

We already had fish for eating, so we let it go. No pictures, of course.

Different world, different time, different results

But great memories!!!

On a different note: I’m very cautiously starting to dig InvzX fluorocarbon line after several people recommended it. It seems very supple for 💯 % fluorocarbon line and has a smooth surface finish, which translates into less heat generated when cinching the knot, therefore no loss of strength. Haven’t broken off any fish yet, but I know it will happen. 

It’s expensive as heck though. 😖

1 minute ago, Quillback said:

Nice spot!

Don't know if you know this, but TW has a sale on InvisX as part of their 25 days of Christmas sale.  It's about as cheap as you'll ever find it.

Thank you Sir! I’ll check it out!