Whites

Riverwhy

38 minutes ago, Riverwhy said:

Nice hybrid bass 

5 minutes ago, nomolites said:

Yes, and the last is a striper.  They will be in the 21-22” range by summer 2018...

Mike

Thanks.  The hybrid was caught by a rambunctious young'n from my church and the striper was my brother.  My brother hasn't fished in 25 years and probably not more than a dozen or so times in his life and that was his first fish of the day.  I think he likes fishing a little better now.

Earl Stuart

fishin is livin

33 minutes ago, Bushbeater said:

As I am reading this a bass boat just came up lake busting ice. Most areas up here are solid. Have to use a punching jig.

Waaaaa?  There's not a piece of ice anywhere around us in the Glaize.  Just yanked a few crappie out from under a dock.

1 hour ago, Bushbeater said:

As I am reading this a bass boat just came up lake busting ice. Most areas up here are solid. Have to use a punching jig.

That dude must really want it. I’d be afraid some linkage would freeze up

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

• 3 years later...
On 12/22/2017 at 5:52 AM, Mitch f said:

I hear you guys loud and clear, but I’ve never tasted white bass that were as good as crappie. Somebody please give me a recipe/method to make them taste not so fishy. I’ve already cut the red meat out, dipped them in yellow mustard before apply the breading, all that stuff. I just can’t seem to stop eating the crappie when there is a choice.

Take equal amounts of fresh cayenne pepper and paprika and mix in with cornmeal till you get the right zing you are looking for, season the fillets accordingly and there you go. very delicious. That's from the man Tony Albright himself. RIP